Since 2012, the Japanese Society of Hematology (JSH) and the Korean Society of Hematology (KSH) have established a short-term exchange program (up to three months) for young researchers in the hematology fields.
The program is aiming to provide opportunities for JSH and KSH researchers to visit research institutes or hospitals to facilitate and strengthen collaborations and networking.
- Applicants must be younger than 45-years-old.
- Applicant must be an MD or PhD
- Applicants must be a member of JSH or KSH. Also, applicants' mentors must be a member of JSH or KSH.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Institutional commitment of both home and host institute is required at time of application. The host institute must serve as a resource for the exchanging scientist or clinical researcher in relocating and finding temporary housing; this support will be part of the award.
- If the exchanging scientist is from Japan, the host institute must be in Korea. If the exchanging scientist is from Korea, the host institute must be in Japan. The award period is for a maximum of three months.
The winners will receive a total of JPY 300,000 or KRW 3,000,000. The grant is mainly designed to cover e.g. travel and housing.