This program was launched in 2011 to provide European and Japanese research institutes the opportunity to exchange scientists reciprocally for a short period (up to four months) in either country.
The program is aiming to support collaborations between European and Japanese scientists or research groups. The exchange program provides opportunities for scientists or clinicians to visit research institutes or hospitals to facilitate and strengthen collaborations and networking. The program also aims to support collaborative research groups to exchange information and technologies.
- Applicant must be an MD or PhD.
- Applicant must be an active member of EHA and/or JSH.
- Applicant must not have any other career development funding provided by EHA and/or JSH at the time of application or during the period of the award.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Institutional commitment of both home and host institute is required at time of application. The host institute must serve as a resource for the exchanging scientist or clinical researcher in relocating and finding temporary housing; this support will be part of the award.
- If the exchanging scientist is from Europe, the host institute must be in Japan. If the exchanging scientist is from Japan, the host institute must be in Europe. The award period is for a maximum of four months.
The recipients will receive a total of EUR 10,000 or JPY 1,000,000 to be spent in accordance with the budget presented with the application.
For more information, please visit the following website